My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Seattle. January 4th.

Seattle. Washington. United States.

I could have left this morning, but it came to soon and I'll be waiting until the seventh. Woke on Lake Washington and walked alone along the water to bus stop downtown belltown lunch and back up the Hill and down again and then to old friends and smoke and finally at night again back on Lake Washington wearing the same goddamn clothes I had woke and left in and in dark and haze watching Victorio de Sica's The Bicycle Thief...

I could not have left this morning, for it came to soon. But all the day's events considered I do not know why not. Or I do, it is the familiar, the friends and the Cafe, the limited run at Film Forum, the midnight showing of Bride of Frankenstein midnight at the Egyptian, Trattoria Michelli's and nights, a dentist appointment, my brother - who I still have not truly seen - yes, family. The simplicity, the comfort. Still, all the day's events considered, I feel one too many mornings and a thousand miles behind of where I am supposed to be: a train heading south for New Orleans.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home